Do You Have Mold?
Although some signs may seems obvious, many homeowners disregard the signs until their mold problem has grown out of control. Remember, if you are experiencing any of these signs, do not disturb the mold. If the mold is disturbed, it can shoot off microscopic pores, causing the mold to spread through your entire home.
- Allergic reactions that tend to get worse at home could be a sign of mold. Common reactions are sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion and sore eyes.
- Another warning of mold growing in your home is a musty, moldy smell. Keep in mind that mold isn’t always visible. If you can’t smell it, that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
- Water leaks or past moisture/flooding without proper restoration could mean mold is growing. Check areas with moisture for any signs of mold.
- Seeing mold, while obvious, is often overlooked. People will see small patches and mistake it for dirt. Mold can spread quickly so catching it early will help save money.
Don’t put off your mold problems. Mold growing in your home can be dangerous for your health and the health of your family. Check out our webpage on mold remediation or call SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County today at (262) 542-0900 to help solve your mold problems.