Sleep: The Perfect Medicine
The health, wellbeing, and safety of our communities here at SERVPRO of S.W. Waukesha County matter more now than ever. We are always looking to share health related information, an especially during a pandemic. The following list gives tips and tricks for better sleep, which can lead to less stress and a better over all bill of health. This list comes from this link.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Spend some time outside during the day.
- Let the daylight into your home.
- Walk, exercise, read or engage in a hobby to relieve stress on a daily basis.
- Limit caffeine, especially after lunch time.
- Limit alcohol use, especially after dinner time.
- Limit electronic device screen time, especially in the evening.
- Use the bedroom only for sleep.
- Limit the amount of light in the bedroom, or use a sleep mask.
- Keep the temperature in your bedroom in the lower 60s at night.
- Ensure that you will not be disturbed by noises, or use earplugs.
- Choose preferred bedding that helps you sleep well, such as flannel sheets, a down comforter or a weighted blanket.
- Keep pets in their own safe space at night, and out of the bed.
- Avoid using over-the-counter sleep aids. Instead, try 5mg of melatonin before bed, if needed.
SERVPRO of S.W. Waukesha county is currently doing cleanings to disinfect after a covid case (or cases). As we said, community health and safety is so important to us, please reach out with any questions regarding our covid cleaning process. Or any of our other services for that matter and STAY SAFE. Call us at 262-542-0900.