We Specialize in Fire and Water Damage
A fire can be devastating to your home or business. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County has specialized fire and water damage restoration training and experience to quickly clean up and restore your home to pre-fire condition. They also can remove the pervasive smoke odor and deep-clean soot from upholstery and carpet.
Board-ups - In some cases firefighters may break windows and cut holes in the roof in order to vent the fire. It is extremely important to secure openings to your home or structure using sturdy, durable materials designed to protect it from both weather intrusion and intrusion by outsiders.
Types of Fire/Smoke/Soot
Wet Smoke – Plastics and Synthetics; Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood; Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, non-smeary residues.
Protein – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs. Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue.
What to do after a fire:
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may damage the garment further.
SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County has what it takes to restore your home back to preloss condition.
Have any questions? Call SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County (262) 542-0900