Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County is able to handle biohazard jobs, such as trauma and crime scene projects. Our SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County technicians are properly trained to handle this type of work and use the proper precautions. It isn’t just the type of work that they are trained on, but they also must be trained on the proper type of supplies and chemicals to use that help contain bloodborne pathogens and other hazards. Some examples include: 6 mil nitrile gloves, water and chemical resistant full-body suits, full-face masks with respirators, biohazard waste bags plus many others.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (262) 542-0900
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County and Jefferson County/Oconomowoc has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- North Prairie