Fall Tips for Homeowners
Home maintenance is important year-round, especially in fall as the weather changes. Here are some tasks to check off your home maintenance to-do list.
- Drain your water heater- prevent buildup of minerals that cause your water heater to work less efficiently.
- Clean your outside air conditioner- grass, leaves and debris can build up on outside air conditioners and cause issues. Cleaning air conditioners in fall prevents this and ensures that your air conditioner is running well for the next season.
- Clean your gutters- cleaning leaves and debris out of gutters prevents build up that can cause damage to you home. For more information visit our blog on the importance of cleaning gutters in fall.
- Turn off outdoor faucets- if you live in a cold climate, water can freeze and cause pipes to burst. In addition to turning off water, removing and storing hoses can prevent damage.
- Change air filters- air filters get extra use in summer when the AC is on. Change out air filters to help them function more efficiently.