Business of the Year
Proud to be a part of a fantastic team that won the Business of the Year Award.
Delafield Chamber of Commerce
In April 2022, the Delafield Chamber of Commerce nominated SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County as Business of the Year.
The Delafield Chamber of Commerce gave SERVPRO the Business of the Year award at the Annual Awards event.
This award is for a business that demonstrates all-around business excellence, with commercial success, growth, and community involvement.
SERVPRO is so proud of the team and all their hard work to receive this award.
Spring Thunderstorms and How to Prepare
Spring can bring lots of rainy weather and thunderstorms. Here are our top tips on how to prevent water damage and ensure your safety.
To keep your property safe:
- Keep up with your home maintenance- replace missing shingles and loose siding to prevent water from leaking in and damaging your home.
- Check your sump pump- make sure it is in working order to prevent basement flooding.
- Check for loose fence posts- anything that's not secured can be blown into your house by the wind and cause damage.
- Trim your trees- make sure dead branches are removed to prevent them falling on your home or car.
- If bad thunderstorms are in the forecast, have a generator on hand for the event of a possible power outage and prepare and emergency kit with flashlights, batteries and a first aid kit.
To keep you safe:
- Check the forecast- be aware if a bad thunderstorm is predicted for your area.
- When thunder roars, go indoors- try to get out of the storm and find shelter inside in the event of a thunderstorm.
- Stay dry- do not shwer, wash dishes or run water during a thunderstorm and avoid bodies of water.
What is Asbestos?
Insulation containing asbestos can be dangerous. Luckily, SERVPRO professionals are here to help with all your removal needs.
As a property owner you may find yourself asking, What is asbestos? Asbestos is fiberous crystals of silicate that are often used in atic and wall insulation due to its strength and ability to resist heat.
Ok, but why is it dangerous? Asbestos is dangerous because the long fiberous crystals that it is comprised of have the ability to break down into microscopically thin fibers. These fibers are so small they can remain airborne for days if they are disturbed. While airborne, individuals can breathe these fibers in. Since the fibers are so small, they can travel deep into a person’s lungs, where they may eventually lodge in the lung tissue. Once there, these fibers can cause several serious medical issues including asbestosis. For this reason, it is important to identify and remove asbestos in your home or workspace.
With our cutting-edge equipment and comprehensive training, the professionals at SERVPRO are here to help with all your asbestos removal needs.
Storm Damage Ruining Your Carpeting? SERVPRO Can Help
Storms can cause a variety of damage to your home and property, Luckily SERVPRO professionals are here to help you recover from any weather disaster.
High winds can cause damage to roofing, allowing water to leak in from thunderstorms or melting hail or snow. This water damage can affect the structural integrity of the building and cause damage to flooring, carpeting, furniture and ceilings. SERVPRO has the service, training and equipment to restore any of these damages. Our professionals have the tools to clean and restore carpeting that has been soiled to any degree, from light staining to moderate to heavy soiling. SERVPRO professionals will take the time to determine and communicate which cleaning option is best for your carpet's level of soiling, provide and estimate of the time and cost of the job, and explain how to prolong your carpet's appearance and quality following restoration.
Remember, for all you your carpet cleaning needs SERVPRO is here to make it "Like it never even happened."
"Its Just Hail Damage"
Hail can inflict significant damage to your home. The severity largely depends on how big the ice pieces are and how quickly you respond to the damage caused by them. After all, hail can either be as small as a pebble or as larger than a golf ball. Hail can cause damage to your roof, including cracked and damaged shingles after hailstorms. Sometimes, you’ll even encounter missing shingles. Other issues can appear in the form of dark spots, dents, circles on the roof, and dented or cracked sidings. You might also notice that your roof has become soft and spongy. These dents and damages can lead to future problems, including leaks that can damage flooring, carpeting, drywall and furniture.
If you encounter any of these issues, be sure to call SERVPRO to help with all your restoration needs.
Fire Damage: What to do while help is on the way
The first 48 hours after fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and belongings. SERVPRO Professionals are here to help prevent lasting problems with a timely response. Until help arrives, here are some ways to minimize damage caused by a fire.
- Limit movement in the house to prevent soot particles from spreading and causing additional damage.
- Lay down towels or linens over high traffic areas in your house.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and we carpet.
- Do not wash walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a drycleaners, improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
And remember, SERVPRO professionals are here to restore your property and possessions to their preloss condition.
Fire Damage to Your Carpeting? SERVPRO Can Help
SERVPRO professionals can help restore carpet damaged by fire and soot.
If your carpet has been soiled and damaged by soot in a fire, don't hesitate to give your local SERVPRO a call. SERVPRO professionals use state-of-the-art cleaning equipment to remove soiling and odors from fire and soot from deep within your carpet's pile and backing.
We offer many carpet care and cleaning options, from light Bonnet Cleaning, to deep restorative Hot Water Cleaning, to Deluxe Precondition and Rinse, but the most effective cleaning method for treating fire damaged carpet is Showcase Premier Cleaning. This cleaning method uses a two-step process - shampooing the carpet and then rinsing and extracting the carpet for deep cleaning - to thoroughly remove stains and odors the way other methods may not. It is the most thorough cleaning method and will restore your carpet to it's pre-damaged condition.
From Carpets to Catastrophes, SERVPRO is Here for All Your Commercial Cleaning Needs
SERVPRO is here to restore your property from fire, storm and water damage, but did you know that SERVPRO also offers many other clean up and restoration services?
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation - SERVPRO professionals are here to control and remediate mold contaminating your property and threatening your safety.
- HVAC Cleaning - We can inspect your HVAC system and restore it to peak energy efficiency to improve indoor air quality.
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup - SERVPRO technicians are trained to safely and efficiently clean biohazardous substances and waste for proper disposal.
- Contents Claim Inventory Service - We provide itemized, area-by-area inventory for storage during job completion or in cases of hoarding.
If you need a job done right and done quickly, call SERVPRO for all your commercial cleaning needs.
Moving into a New Home? Here's How SERVPRO Can Help
Restoring and moving into a home can be exciting, stressful, and a lot of work! SERVPRO's cleaning services are here to help.
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning - SERVPRO professionals use the latest Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training and state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils and stains from deep within your carpet's pile and backings.
- Stain Removal and Stain Resistance Application - Using IICRC standards, SERVPRO professionals determine which cleaning method is best for each stain and soil as well as providing soil protection.
- Odor Identification and Deodorization - What's that smell? We can help determine the source of odors and use the best method to neutralize and eliminate them.
- Upholstery and Drape Cleaning - We will test and inspect fabrics to determine the safest and most effective wet or dry method of cleaning.
We are here to help. Call SERVPRO for all your home cleaning needs.
Well Pump Causes Water Damage To Local Rental Property
Even a Well Pump Can Cause Water Damage
A well pump that failed led to significant water damage at this property on Okauchee Lake. This picture shows the new well pump that was installed by a licensed plumber because the former one developed a crack and slowly leaked water into the kitchen. This kitchen was recently remodeled and the cabinets were installed on top the new vinyl tile. Because the water migrated under the vinyl tile and there was no way to dry the floor through the vinyl, the sink had to be removed, granite countertops removed, cabinets detached and flooring removed so that the subfloor could be dried.
SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc was called in to clean the disaster and coordinate the demo and dry out the structure. The property owner was happy with SERVPRO because we were able to begin the same day and his tenant would be inconvenienced for as short a time as possible.
Please call SERVPRO of Jefferson County/Oconomowoc or SERVPRO of SW Waukesha Count for all your water damage needs, both commercial and residential. 920-674-3002 or 262-542-0900.