What is Asbestos?
As a property owner you may find yourself asking, What is asbestos? Asbestos is fiberous crystals of silicate that are often used in atic and wall insulation due to its strength and ability to resist heat.
Ok, but why is it dangerous? Asbestos is dangerous because the long fiberous crystals that it is comprised of have the ability to break down into microscopically thin fibers. These fibers are so small they can remain airborne for days if they are disturbed. While airborne, individuals can breathe these fibers in. Since the fibers are so small, they can travel deep into a person’s lungs, where they may eventually lodge in the lung tissue. Once there, these fibers can cause several serious medical issues including asbestosis. For this reason, it is important to identify and remove asbestos in your home or workspace.
With our cutting-edge equipment and comprehensive training, the professionals at SERVPRO are here to help with all your asbestos removal needs.