Delafield Block Party
SERVPRO enjoys being a part of the Delafield Chamber events.
Every year the Delafield Chamber of Commerce holds a Block Party. There is music, food, and drinks. This year the music was Bella Cain, Totally Neon, Kingfish, and The Toys. People came from all over to enjoy two beautiful nights in Delafield.
This year SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County was the sanitation sponsor. SERVPRO feels it is important to support the chamber because they give back to the businesses.
Fire Damage? Here's What YOU Can (and Can't) Do
After a fire causes damage to your home, we understand that you want to restore everything from your home to your possessions to "normal" as soon as possible. Here are some active steps you can and can't take following a fire
- DO make sure everyone in your family is safe, including all beloved pets.
- DON'T enter the fire-damaged structure until the fire department deems it safe.
- DO document the damage with pictures once you have permission to reenter the home.
- DON'T turn on gas, water or electric utilities until a professional has deemed them safe.
- DO call insurance and utility providers to inform them of the fire.
- DON'T wash smoke-damaged clothing yourself. This can set the smoke odors or stains and ruin them. Smoke-damaged clothing should quickly be taken to the dry cleaner.
- DO Call SERVPRO: If you experience fire damage, call the cleaning and restoration pros at SERVPRO to restore your home to its normal as soon as possible.
Got Storm Damage? We Got You.
Natural disasters are never planned, but when they do occur they can cause damage to your business and slow down operations while your property is being restored. With over 45 years in the restoration industry and top of the line equipment, the professionals at SERVPRO provide a quick response to any disaster. From restoring water damage from leaks to repairing your building, we aim to help you avoid revenue loss and minimize inconvenience to your business. Our quick response can help you resume normal business functions quickly while avoiding costly construction downtime.
For a quick response to any disaster give the professionals at SERVPRO a call to restore your property and its contents to their preloss conditions and return your business to its normal function as soon as possible.
Clean Homes Sell Faster
Get it clean, get it sold! Selling a house can be stressful, and SERVPRO is here to help get your home in condition to sell without the hassle.
Duct and HVAC Cleaning: Dirty ducts can circulate odors and allergens in your home. Duct and HVAC cleaning can reduce allergens and pet dander, eliminate smells and improve operating conditions and efficiency.
Control Moisture and Mold: Mold can be found in any environment and can affect decrease property appeal. With top-of-the-line equipment and training, SERVPRO professionals can clean existing mold so that your property retains its value.
Pass More Home Inspections: SERVPRO professionals are prepared to resolve any issue from water stains to mildew smell to get your home in condition to sell.
A clean, fresh-smelling home sells faster, and SERVPRO is here to help you get there, no matter the starting condition. For all your cleaning needs give the professionals at SERVPRO a call.
Business of the Year
Proud to be a part of a fantastic team that won the Business of the Year Award.
Delafield Chamber of Commerce
In April 2022, the Delafield Chamber of Commerce nominated SERVPRO of Southwest Waukesha County as Business of the Year.
The Delafield Chamber of Commerce gave SERVPRO the Business of the Year award at the Annual Awards event.
This award is for a business that demonstrates all-around business excellence, with commercial success, growth, and community involvement.
SERVPRO is so proud of the team and all their hard work to receive this award.
Spring Thunderstorms and How to Prepare
Spring can bring lots of rainy weather and thunderstorms. Here are our top tips on how to prevent water damage and ensure your safety.
To keep your property safe:
- Keep up with your home maintenance- replace missing shingles and loose siding to prevent water from leaking in and damaging your home.
- Check your sump pump- make sure it is in working order to prevent basement flooding.
- Check for loose fence posts- anything that's not secured can be blown into your house by the wind and cause damage.
- Trim your trees- make sure dead branches are removed to prevent them falling on your home or car.
- If bad thunderstorms are in the forecast, have a generator on hand for the event of a possible power outage and prepare and emergency kit with flashlights, batteries and a first aid kit.
To keep you safe:
- Check the forecast- be aware if a bad thunderstorm is predicted for your area.
- When thunder roars, go indoors- try to get out of the storm and find shelter inside in the event of a thunderstorm.
- Stay dry- do not shwer, wash dishes or run water during a thunderstorm and avoid bodies of water.
What is Asbestos?
Insulation containing asbestos can be dangerous. Luckily, SERVPRO professionals are here to help with all your removal needs.
As a property owner you may find yourself asking, What is asbestos? Asbestos is fiberous crystals of silicate that are often used in atic and wall insulation due to its strength and ability to resist heat.
Ok, but why is it dangerous? Asbestos is dangerous because the long fiberous crystals that it is comprised of have the ability to break down into microscopically thin fibers. These fibers are so small they can remain airborne for days if they are disturbed. While airborne, individuals can breathe these fibers in. Since the fibers are so small, they can travel deep into a person’s lungs, where they may eventually lodge in the lung tissue. Once there, these fibers can cause several serious medical issues including asbestosis. For this reason, it is important to identify and remove asbestos in your home or workspace.
With our cutting-edge equipment and comprehensive training, the professionals at SERVPRO are here to help with all your asbestos removal needs.
Storm Damage Ruining Your Carpeting? SERVPRO Can Help
Storms can cause a variety of damage to your home and property, Luckily SERVPRO professionals are here to help you recover from any weather disaster.
High winds can cause damage to roofing, allowing water to leak in from thunderstorms or melting hail or snow. This water damage can affect the structural integrity of the building and cause damage to flooring, carpeting, furniture and ceilings. SERVPRO has the service, training and equipment to restore any of these damages. Our professionals have the tools to clean and restore carpeting that has been soiled to any degree, from light staining to moderate to heavy soiling. SERVPRO professionals will take the time to determine and communicate which cleaning option is best for your carpet's level of soiling, provide and estimate of the time and cost of the job, and explain how to prolong your carpet's appearance and quality following restoration.
Remember, for all you your carpet cleaning needs SERVPRO is here to make it "Like it never even happened."
"Its Just Hail Damage"
Hail can inflict significant damage to your home. The severity largely depends on how big the ice pieces are and how quickly you respond to the damage caused by them. After all, hail can either be as small as a pebble or as larger than a golf ball. Hail can cause damage to your roof, including cracked and damaged shingles after hailstorms. Sometimes, you’ll even encounter missing shingles. Other issues can appear in the form of dark spots, dents, circles on the roof, and dented or cracked sidings. You might also notice that your roof has become soft and spongy. These dents and damages can lead to future problems, including leaks that can damage flooring, carpeting, drywall and furniture.
If you encounter any of these issues, be sure to call SERVPRO to help with all your restoration needs.
Fire Damage: What to do while help is on the way
The first 48 hours after fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and belongings. SERVPRO Professionals are here to help prevent lasting problems with a timely response. Until help arrives, here are some ways to minimize damage caused by a fire.
- Limit movement in the house to prevent soot particles from spreading and causing additional damage.
- Lay down towels or linens over high traffic areas in your house.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and we carpet.
- Do not wash walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a drycleaners, improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
And remember, SERVPRO professionals are here to restore your property and possessions to their preloss condition.